Saturday 9 June 2012

Nicole Richie for Company

I L-O-V-E Nicole Richie. So had to re post her interview with Company Magazine. Faaaaaabulous.

This season you’ll all be coveting...
 
I would have to say the Carmen sunglasses from the House of Harlow 1960 collection. I am so pleased that the Chelsea sunglasses are so popular! As for shoes, I love the gold Kail slipper shoe as they are so vibrant, and the Neelo jumpsuit from the WinterKate range – it is super comfortable but chic.

Secrets behind my collection:
 
The S/S12 range was inspired by my travels to the Souks of Marrakech, as well as Egyptian Sarcophagus. The feminine qualities are juxtaposed with intricate woven details, saturated colours and hardware that bring the old world to the present day. For A/W12, the collections are inspired by the 1970s and gothic rock.

I most like seeing my designs worn by...
 
Anyone who is passionate about what they choose to wear and are excited and motivated by my designs. I always design for women who love to play with fashion. I study what people are drawn to by personally getting feedback from my customers. I admire anyone who is fearless in what they choose to wear.

My fashion girl crush is
 
Oh that is so hard, but probably Kate Moss

My success
 
My husband and children keeping me grounded, and I work very closely with my brilliant team to build the brand. Scheduling is key!

My shopping wing-woman is
 
My daughter Harlow

I’m happiest when shopping for
 
vintage clothing and furniture at flea markets.

The most fashionable place on earth has to be
 
My mother’s closet

British style rocks because
 
British girls have a very unique sense of style; they can throw vintage, high street and designer pieces together to create one great look That is so inspiring!

Aspiring designers, listen up!
 
Be true to yourself and stay strong and focused at all times

3 comments:

Curiouser and Curiouser said...

I love Nicole Richie too! Her style is amazing and I really wish I could afford her collection because if I could, I'd be snapping pieces up like noones business! One of my favourite blogs on Blogger is in fact a Nicole Richie one:

http://nicolerichieanonymous.blogspot.co.uk/

Well worth a look! x x

LaraLainThatsMyName said...

But of COURSE her fash crush is our mate Kate Moss! Good choice Nicole ;) x

MOOD by me said...

She has such good style, definitely a great inspiration - and so cute with her little girl! x