Wednesday 17 November 2010

Head-to-toe-hue...

Having been pretty bogged under with uni work lately I've decided to take some time out from business planning and get stuck into the blog. Which has very much suffered so far this term...So rather than looking out of my window onto DRIZZLE and grey gloom I thought i'd get stuck into some colourful delights to lift my mood.

*Bare with my unadventurous adjectives i'm still a bit rusty*

Colour blocking has been huge in past seasons, reaching dizzy heights of success for the likes of House of Holland, Marc Jacobs and Gucci - i'm sure there are more. But head-to-toe colour, when it's not black, blue or something equally drab - is mostly unseen of in day to day life!

I'd love to see someone walk down the street all out in a hot pink outift a la Mark Fast, or better yet the pastel tones of Francesco Scognalmiglio! Preen do it feminine yet sophisticated (as always) in a pale lilac softly tailored suit. Where as Aquascutum and ChloƩ bring the masculine element to the winter table.

Burberry injects the military, whilst Marc Jacob's and Charles Anastase bring playful 70s chic with bright yellow and lime green accents. But the best of all for this season has to be Richard Nicoll's Burnt orange velvet ensemble - it's party season after all...











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Oscar De La Renta!

Cassie said...

I love that Bottega Veneta look. One of my favourites from the season. I like the different tones of the same shade look. Might give it a go, but it feels wrong when you start putting on pretty much the same colour from head to toe.

www.dressingmissdolly.co.uk

Fiona said...

this is cheering me up on this dull grey eve in NY. LOVE the Burberry Prorsum x

www.ifyouarenotinfashion.com

Charlene said...

The Bottega Veneta is my absoloute fave!

Gret blog by the way having a little read through it all.